Monday, November 12, 2007

National Writing Project Meeting in New York

I have the pleasure of traveling to one of my favorite cities to present with some of my favorite people. I will leave for New York Wednesday to attend the National Writing Project Annual Meeting and present with my friends, self-named "Common Threads." Cynthia Calvert, Alcorn Writing Project; Tracy Duckart, Redwood Writing Project; and Jason Shiroff, Denver Writing Project are fellow technology liaisons from across the Technology Liaisons Network who will join me in telling our leadership-building stories, from participation at the 2006 Technology Matters Institute in Chico to minigrant development and implementation. We will share our resources, such as tech institute agendas, and methods of communication and collaboration, including Skype conversations and Google Tools. I met Cynthia, Tracy, and Jason at Tech Matters in Chico, California during the advanced NWP tech institute summer of 2006. We had the good fortune of being grouped together for reasons still unknown to us (pictured above working on a podcast in Chico) and the rest of the story is history. We supported each other in the process of mini grant implementation throughout the year with the use of web 2.0 technology. Tracy has developed a BLOG (still under construction) to share our presentation resources which I will post here as well as highlights of what I learn during the NYC adventure. Stay tuned this week....Paige